Unable to use the AntiXSS in Servers

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Hello there,

I have valid antiXss library licenses.

I did install and used it in my local machine, development work went well. After I moved the code from my development machine to QA Server using Team City (automated build deployment tool) I am getting the following error even though I did install the AntiXSSlibrary on the server. Same with production server as well. Both the servers

• D:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\7e154d3e91d3f518\Web\web.config(72, 0): error ASPCONFIG: Could not load file or assembly 'AntiXssLibrary, Version=3.1.3524.16873, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d127efab8a9c114f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Can anyone help me if I am doing some thing wrong  here and to fix the issue  please?

Thanks and Regards,

Venky

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 3:42 PM
Sounds like you either need to install it on the build server, or put the assembly under source control and make sure it's checked out as part of the build.
Aug 4, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I am sorry I forgot to mention that, I created a references folder with in my project and and check-in/check-out as a part of the solution. It did not helped me anything. Thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

That should work perfectly well - it's what I'm doing in another product. As I don't know Team City at all I don't know what to suggest I'm afraid.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM

In order to stop the VS2008 being crashed when I have AntiXSS reference, I registered in GAC but when I reference it, i want to point the reference from the Sourcesafed folder but every time I deleted and readded the AntiXssLibrary reference it is getting from GAC only.  Does it have anything to do with the issue I am having.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Probably *grin* I'd bet it's not GACed on the build server, and that's where the reference in your project is pointing to.

However it doesn't need GACed - and I've never heard of VS2008 crashes before. That shouldn't happen.