VS 2008 crashes after Anti-XSS added

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Hello,

I'm new to Anti-XSS, and I've run into a problem with it that I don't see in the current discussions. I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Pro v. 9 with .Net 3.5 SP 1 on Windows XP.

When I try to view the web pages in the Anti-XSS Sample Application, Visual Studio crashes without any error messages. It would allow me to view the code behind pages, but not the .aspx pages.

Similarly, when I added a reference to the library to an existing project, Visual Studio crashes without any error messages. When it restarts, it displays the message "An error was encountered while opening associated documents the last time this solution was loaded. Document load is being skipped during this solution load in order to avoid that error."

I deleted the .suo file which eliminated the "...Document load.." message and removed the reference to anti-xss, but VS still crashes when I try to view web pages. I've also rebooted.

Any information about resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated. Do I have to re-install VS?

Cheers,
Tess

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Okay. There was one thing I hadn't tried: opening my project and building it before trying to view the web pages. I did that and now VS is fine, so it must have still had a reference to the anti-xss library in the existing assembly. So, I guess I won't be using anti-xss until I learn why it's causing this problem with Visual Studio.

Best wishes.